Sunday, October 14, 2007

Week 33 and 1 day

Week 33 and 1 day
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
**********
Well, here I am. Week 33. And hey, I am swollen...yup. Really swollen legs/ankles and feet. Oh the joys of the last trimester. I am getting up about 2-3 times a night to pee now. And, when I get back into bed, I grunt and maneuver around my 'Curtis' body pillow. I have to get up on all fours, and then kinda flop down with grunting sound effects. Cliff doesn't move or flinch when I get up.
I got to sleep in this morning, until almost 9 am. That was really nice, and I felt well rested. Cliff told me my eyes were sparkling blue this morning. I thanked him for the sleep in! I said I needed it after yesterday. I have also had heartburn all day today which isn't so much fun.
I bought a newborn baby girl Carters sleeper today and it is just adorable. I looked for a boy one, and well. I just wasn't interested lol. So, I will look another time. I will get a white or something gender neutral. I am starting to get the nest prepared.
Yesterday, I took my three hour Glucose Tolerance Test at the local blood clinic. It wasn't so bad. I am getting used to it. I brought a couple of books, my ipod and a magazine. I made it in by 7, waited for about 20 mins, had my first blood draw at 7:20 or so. Then, the 100g drink. It was very sweet, but tolerable.
The first hour, I felt jittery and felt the dextrose hit my system. I drank some water. At 8:30 I had my second blood draw. This time in my right arm.
The second hour, I felt really warm and tired. It was hard to read, so I sat and people watched. Looked around. Then, at 9:30 I had my third blood draw, back in my left arm.
The third hour, I was starting to feel more energetic and feel really hungry. I flipped through my magazine. Had some water.
At 10:30 a.m. I had my fourth and final blood draw in my right arm. I went pee, and got the heck out of there. I ate a banana in the vehicle. I got the sweats and the shakes and felt light-headed on my way home.
So, that is over. Hopefully the results I am looking for this week. Tomorrow I have my appointment.
I just have to say, this baby is a big time mover and shaker! Wow! Cliff is amazed at just how much my stomach moves around when baby is active!

1 comment:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

How did your appointment go today???