Sunday, October 28, 2007

Getting ready for baby number six!

Boy or Girl?
Here are the two going home outfits I chose for baby number six. The kids like both of them! We heard a lot of ohhhhhs, and ahhhhs. So cute!
And, below the little going home outfits, are my best finds for a "gender neutral" look. Very hard to buy I found. I found two onesies, 2 bath towels, a pack of new washcloths and 4 gender neutral receiving blankets. I have been looking and looking. Sears was my best bet for those today. I was very drawn to all of the pink, but I refrained. I couldn't keep my hands off of them.

Here is the sweet little gender neutral rabbit I found at Chapters for baby. We usually buy SOMETHING for each of our babies before it is born. This is what I chose. I think it is so cute! If this baby is a girl (like us suspect) I have a pretty pink ribbon I saved off of a prize I received at a wedding shower and I will tie that pretty pink ribbon around the neck.

********

Today, I dug through my small newborn box of stuff. I found my favourite nursing pillow, and many, many pink and white receiving blankets. And, tiny little baby booties. It all very girly stuff. Does that surprise you lol? I did find also the soft white blanket that my Grannie had made for Cameron, and he came home in it, as did the 4 other gals. So, this baby will too come home with this blanket. And, I have my eyes out on a second hand bouncy seat. Or, to borrow one.

I have almost everything now. Just need a couple of nice nursing bras, and I might even buy those after baby is here. I am also looking for a sling, but might wait until baby is born to get fit for that too.

I have mostly everything I need for my bag too. Cliff just needs to put the bassinet together, but that can wait. I am afraid some little monkeys may try to climb into it, so I will wait.

I also bought my Ivory Snow, so I can take all of the tags off and wash the items I just bought for baby. And, I need to dig out a small suitcase for my 24 hour stay (or HOPEFULLY LESS!)

We are almost ready!


5 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Oh I just LOVE the outfits, C!!! Beautiful choices.

I can't wait to which one gets used for coming home!!

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

You are always so organized, I am so jealous! The outfits are ADORABLE!! I am sticking with my original guess of BOY!! I too cannot wait to see HIM/her and find out HIS name!

Hugs,
Dawn

Kerry said...

Even I am getting all jittery looking at the '33 days to go' on the counter. PHEW! I think that little farm outfit will come in handy! ;)

Allyson said...

I get so excited just looking at the items! Have you got the "blue" things back from April, from when Abby was born, and before that, when Caroline was born, and before that when Catie was born? There are some nice new blue things in there, including the lovely knitted shawl from Oma! Not that you are going to need the blues! Nanny, and Pappa, can't wait! xxxxooo

cathy said...

I don't think I will be needing blue this time either...April is lending back some pink stuff and Andrea is lending me some blue stuff which I will have next weekend and I will wash it all then!