Monday, October 29, 2007

Threw up and slipped...but not at the same time

This morning, I thought I'd better try a prenatal vitamin because I haven't had one for quite some time. This pregnancy, they seem to really upset my stomach and I immediately feel queasy and then sick. So, after eating, and having water and later being a lot in the morning, I decided to pop my vitamins. I felt almost instantly sick. I started gagging into my hand and ran and threw up so hard that I was seeing stars and my muscles hurt especially too because the baby was moving during all of this. This has got to be a girl! This is the 6th time I have thrown up during this pregnancy. I then had to sanitize the toilet seat and the floor because Catie had to go pee!! Isn't that the way it always go. Caroline watched as I threw up...

And, this evening around dinner. I go to step into the washroom to go PEE for the 20th time today (well maybe not that many times), and I slip on water or maybe pee from my daughter Catie (I am not sure) and my left foot goes flying forward and I throw out my back causing my sciatica to kick in REALLY bad in my left side. Thankfully Cliff was home so he could push and massage my back and clean up the bathroom floor. It still hurts this evening and I feel sick again. Nice.

How many days and weeks left? Oh, that would be 4 weeks and 5 days! But, I am not counting or anything.

6 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Cathy,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you today. I hope you're back feels better in the morning although I have a feeling it won't. As much as those vities are good for you, maybe you should stay away from them for the rest of the pregnancy.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Irma said...

I wonder if they changed the ingredients in the vitamins....with my last 2 pregnancies they disagreed with me as well. With the first 6 kids they didn't bother me at all. Unless it's because we're getting older?!? gasp lol

I found it helped a little to take them just before I went to bed, instead of first thing in the morning. You are on the home stretch! Enjoy! I too would not want to start all over again! That's like saying when we got married that we would have so many kids in so many years...what an overwhelming thought! (-: Take care of yourself Cathy..are you still getting that extra rest! Docs orders remember? (-: Dream on.

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

Boy are you having a hard time with those pills! I say go for the Flintstone vitamins for the duration ;) I hope your back gets better quick, I know how hard it would be for you to be out of commission! Hang in there, and let's hope this baby makes an early arrival!

Hugs,
Dawn

Kerry said...

Wow...you're the source of entertainment in that house right now! Nothing dull there! Although I'm sure you'd be much happier with the dull. Keep an eye on those floors and take it easy, ice and a heating pad might help to loosen up your back.

AmberW said...

Cathy darlin' you be careful over there hunny.... geez... I hope these days just fly by!! *hugs*

Allyson said...

Oh my poor little momma! xxxooo