Monday, October 1, 2007

2 months to the date today!

Until the due date? December 1st is two months away? How does that happen? I have not wished to speed through this pregnancy, and yet. It feels like the time is looming nearer. We are in the final stages, yet I am not ready to let this go.

I am not ready to give this part up!

I am really enjoying this baby inside of me. Feeling your strong movements, the way my belly momentarily shakes around, and then stops. The way I can rub my belly and have the baby respond, the way my husband wraps his arm around my belly at night and feels its movements. The ackward hugs, between Cliff and I! But sometimes baby will move at that point, and we love that!

I am not ready to give this part up!

I love how full my figure has become. Even with the veins, the swollen ankles, and the braxton hicks that come on so strong. To me, this is me, in all of my glory. In this swollen, pregnant state. The way my belly is rounded, and my curves are soft. My body is being used in a wonderful way!

I am not ready to give this part up!

I am enjoying our nightly conversations with my husband about how our life is about to change (again) how the kids will feel with either a brother or a sister. I enjoy laughing over funny name choices. And also trying to decide on a name that will carry this child, who will eventually become an adult, and how that name would impact their life. We hope that life will be good for you, and that you will be loved by us all.

I am not ready to give this part up!

I am enjoying the belly rubs, kisses, talks, and crosses formed on my belly by my kids. I enjoy them talking about who the baby might be? Be it a boy or a girl. Enjoying how much they are going to love their sibling. I love how excited they are to meet you. They always ask when you will be here! We are waiting for an early Christmas present! And, at Christmas time...we will have a family photo with all 8 of us! And, a photo of the 6 kids in front of the tree.

I am not ready to give this part up.

I am enjoying just experiencing this pregnancy for what it is. For the true joy that this (and every) pregnancy has brought to our family, and the joy a baby belly brings to our family. This bump, with a baby growing. Who will it be? Will it be a boy or a girl? What will you look like? How you affect my very being. How you will bring love into the family. Into the open arms that are all waiting to meet you. I love how our love multiplies with each baby born into our family.

I am not ready to give this part up.

Wondering how my labour will go, will you be early, will you be late? Will you be induced, will you be big? Will you be small? Will you have blue eyes? Will you have hair? Will you be peaceful? Will you cry a lot? Will you sleep? Will you not? Just wanting to make sure you will be healthy! Just to count your small fingers and toes. And to breathe in that wonderful newborn smell. To change your little diaper. And those little sleepers. To see you stretch and grow into your baggy knees and fill our your froggy body. Will you wear pink? Will you wear blue? Which room will you sleep in? Will you sleep with your two big sisters Catie and Caroline? Or, will you be the brother Cameron has always wanted. Will he share his room with you? So many questions. Yet, these answers will unfold when the time is right! The day you shall be born!

All of these unanswered questions, that will unfold in the next 2 months. It is amazing that we are in the last stages. I want it to never end, yet I feel ready on some accounts. Just the mystery of you. You our little precious bundle who is filling out inside of me. Taking everything you need to get ready for life on the outside of me.

You my baby, we await for with open arms. You will amaze us, make us laugh, make us cry, make us smile. You will be loved! You will be loved. Oh yes, you will be loved.

I am indeed ready to love you. I am ready to hold you. I am ready to be your Mom, and guide you on your way! We cannot wait to meet you. But, we wait. We wait until the day is here. It is going to be a beautiful day!

Our sixth child, we are so excited to have you join our family!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

When you give up one thing you make room for new things to enjoy and share! Wow, Cathy 2 months .... exciting stuff! I wish you all the best in the last of these things!

Kerry said...

Just think of how great group hugs of 8 people will be! You have so many good times awaiting you, so many warm and fuzzy moments.

It's so great that you enjoy every day, and you'll have this blog to relive it! Just wait until next year and it will be 2 months to a 1st birthday!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Cathy,

You make me wish I could experience that pregnant feeling one more time. How I have forgotten how that movement feels.

I can't wait to see your brand new family photo with all 8 of you!

Your family will be filled with so much love, it will radiate from the picture and we'll all feel the warmth of the C's!