Sunday, October 21, 2007

Baby has dropped...34 weeks and 1 day...

I felt like something was different today. And, noticed also last night in bed that I could breathe a lot better. But, I got up more to pee in the middle of the night.

So, when I was getting dressed this morning, I took a glance at my big ol' belly in the mirror and saw that baby really has dropped low into my pelvis. I noticed my shelf or ledge is gone, and I also have noticed that it feels like my hips are totally hurting and stretching. My maternity t-shirts suddenly do not cover the lovely panel in my pants. Oh, that is a lovely look! I feel like I have a big ball or watermelon between my legs now. So, in a good way I can breathe, but the downside to that is...I have to pee more. And, I REALLY have the pregnant waddle. Oh yes. The waddle. It is back. Cliff could also tell that baby has moved in lower...

Today, the kids all (well minus the current 'baby' Caroline) had their hands on my belly feeling the baby move and move and move. I know this baby responds to the sounds and touch of the siblings. It is very neat to see the kids do that! I never imagined that I would have all of those little hands all over my belly of a sixth baby. It was really nice. I will have to keep a mental picture of that image, that is for sure.

I also have been getting many, many braxton hicks today! Gotta love those practice contractions. We are getting ready!

Today, I found a brand new ELFE white bassinet for our room on sale at LD for $69.00. I bought my breast pads, my Aveeno baby hair and body wash and I also bought a cute little stuffed bunny rabbit (a tiny one) from Chapters because we usually buy SOMETHING for the baby before it is born. So, a white rabbit it was. It is so cute.

Our list is almost done...just a couple of nursing bras in my future, and when we find out what we are having I will have to have somebody do a mad dash to get pink or blue outfits etc. So far I have the sweet little Carters roses sleeper for a newborn, and I have felt no urge to go and buy a blue sleeper. But I will. I will also buy 3 new gender neutral receiving blankets...for the hospital. And pull out the white blanket that has come home with all of the kids from the hospital. I also need to get to my sisters to borrow a couple of goodies!

I know, the rest of the items on my list are gender specific, so I will go and get those on my 2 hour time limit of breastfeeding...well maybe somebody will do the shopping for me?! So exciting!

And, almost all of the Christmas shopping is done! Just one more afternoon should do it next week!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow Cathy things are moving along ... so exciting! Glad to hear you are almost ready it is such a relief once the "list" is complete! Enjoy it!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Getting closer now!

Can you get a picture of each member of your family's hand on your bare belly! I think that would be an amazing show of the love your family has for this new little one!