Monday, October 15, 2007

So how did my appointment go? 33 weeks 2 days...

Well, it started with a bit of protein in my urine, and a bit of a raised blood pressure. He asked if I had a busy day, and responded with Dr. D all of my days are busy! He totally understands. He gets it!

And, a weight gain/swelling of 9 pounds in the past 4 weeks. That brings my total to 3o pounds even. Still on the low side for me, considering I have under 7 weeks to go. I have a lot of swelling in my feet/ankles and legs. Baby had a heart rate of 148 bpm, and is growing nicely. Baby has head down.

My doctor told me I have to SLOOOOOOWWWWW down, and do less. He is not worried YET about my exam today. And, I go back in 2 weeks for my regular prenatal appointment. I cannot believe I am on the two week circuit, and then after that I have all my weekly appointments booked from here to delivery! At that appointment I get an internal check, and a group B swab. Yup. I get to get naked lol. Well, from the waist down anyways. He said he will be doing weekly checks to make sure that I labour/deliver in the hospital, and not at home because of my history of fast deliveries! Yikes.

I asked about my walking, and he said keep it up. He just said I don't want you to end up on bed rest, but obviously he is not THAT worried because he would have had me in earlier I would think. So, for the next two weeks I will try my best to be a bit more 'rested' and do less. Ha Ha. And, he totally gets that I have five kids at home that need me at all times. So, that is that.

Play it by ear, and drink lots of water and keep rested as much as I can. Doc's orders.

3 comments:

Hope Walls said...

Egads. It seems like just yesterday you anounced this pregnancy!

LauraC said...

Take it easy Cathy! I would hate for your last baby to a be a preemie! Of course you could handle it but that is too much stress for anyone!

Where is the time going?!

Kerry said...

I say put your feet up and take it easy (wait...easier, easy is not a possibility!). Delegate! Now is the time for the kids to learn to pay the bills, mow the lawn, clean the toilets...LOL! Wait, maybe that's not realistic...

Anywhoo, just make sure you take care of yourself and don't wear yourself out. You'll need all that energy for December!