Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perfect

My doctor called me today at 12 noon. He said we forgot to talk about the sugar test yesterday. We were busy with other issues. But, the good news is that my GTT test came back perfect! No Gestational Diabetes for me! Ahhhh. YAY!

I am glad I will not be taking that test ever again! That would make 3 times x 3 hours = 9 hours in 8 years + I don't want to forget that I took the 1 hour screening x 6 pregnancies = 6 hours. So, yes. I have spent 15 hours just in those tests lol! That is a lot of reading and iPod music. When I first had the 1 hour and then the 3 hour test way back in May of 99 during my pregnancy there, there was no such thing as an iPod! Thank goodness for iPods is all I can say!

How many needles would that be? 4 needles for each 3 hour test = 12 vials, and then 1 for each of the 1 hour screenings so + 6 = 21 vials of blood to find out I have never had Gestational Diabetes! Oh well. That is a good thing! I am happy today! Now, I will just continue to rest as much as humanly possible with 5 kids who need me a whole lot!

I asked again, and my doc said that I am just too busy, and I need to rest more. That should help! So, I will try that for the next two weeks. At that point I will be closer to full term at 37 weeks. When I go to the docs next, I will be 35 weeks and 3 days. So, getting there!

Wow! We better get ready for baby eh!!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

By the way, just take a look at how close that little peapod baby is to the nest on the counter on the blog! Action stations everyone!! LOL!

Congrats on the no GD! Woop woop!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! No GD is an awesome thing. Definitely get your feet up as much as possible to keep the swelling down or he'll put ya on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy (even though he knows that's just not possible unless he comes to help with the kids LOL)

I can't wait to see who's in there! I'm getting excited!

Wendy said...

That's a lot of blood and a lot of time! Great news that you don't have it. I remember I felt so sick when I had the test ... and I felt very faint. I was sure it was going to come back positive but it didn't. I think I just didn't eat enough and then drinking that nasty sugary drink ... UGH! Bad combo.

Anyways, I can't believe it's getting so close for you. I look forward to finding out who is this baby #6 - you're bringing your laptop to the hospital so you can post on your blog soon after he/she's born, right?? ;)

cathy said...

Wendy, I am going to find out if I can bring the laptop to the hospital! That would be fun!! Great idea! And, hey a good way to pass the 24 hospital stay lol!

Hope Walls said...

So so very close now... I'll start cooing in another week or too, "Come out, little one - come along now, little badger!"

I vote boy badger.

cathy said...

Boy badger...I still think Girl...just a girl lol! Not a badger lol.

We don't want the badger out too quickly, as I have a wedding to go to, and some prenatal photos!! Need to go full term for those! 37 weeks!

Yvonne said...

I love it .... take it easy! HAH! Do they really have a clue! Bedrest would suck but then you have absoluetly no choice where as now you kinda do. WOOOHOOO on no GD!! Good luck these last weeks!