Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A pregnant girl waddles up to the chair...

Yes, I went to the dentist two nights ago. The hygienist (in-training) said I am just going to do some x-rays. I said no. I am pregnant. She said it is not on your chart. She says how far along are you? I say about six months along. I am almost 25 weeks. Oh, but you don't look pregnant.
I said to her, I will take that as a compliment. I said my last appointment was about six months ago. Please mark it on my chart for next time. Well, next time I will have a newborn! Duh.

Then, I get is this your first baby. And, I am like nope. This is our sixth. YOUR SIXTH?! Oh my God, are you CRAZY??! You must be busy. YES I AM BUSY. Now, can we just get my teeth done now!! I want to get out of here! You have kept me here way too long! *just talking in my brain there, didn't say that to her lol* Finally she is done.

The head hygienist comes out. She says, you are pregnant. And we go through the yes, it is my sixth baby blah blah blah. I just want to get home. Well the hygienist (head) was pregnant too, with her second. Her baby belly was pushing into my head and holding a piece of my hair and it hurt. So, I moved my hair away.

That was the longest appointment EVER!!!

I cannot believe they couldn't tell!!! The baby was kicking away during the cleaning, quite possibly because I was uncomfortable in the chair, and I felt like I couldn't breathe! There was lots of belly action! lol.

Oh, I have no cavities but of course. They said I have the most beautiful smile, and the whitest teeth! Thanks to my 3 years of braces, headgear and elastics and many years of retainers! PS. The head hygeinest said I should consider getting new retainers especially for the bottom...Thanks Mom and Dad xo

10 comments:

Kerry said...

Maybe these dentists and hygienists are so focussed on people's mouths and faces they don't bother to look down a little! LOL

I think it's time for a 'Captain Obvious' t-shirt!!!

(And don't you just hate it when they get your hair caught on either them or some equipment in the chair...and it's not comfortable to wear a ponytail like that to avoid it. hmmm invention is needed here!)

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Do you think they had their eyes closed or something??? kinda hard not to tell - some people!!!

LauraC said...

Do you still wear your retainers?! I thought I was the only person over 18 stil wearing their retainers from braces. I've been wearing my retainers from the age of 17 until now (33)...

cathy said...

Hi Laura,

Yes, I sure do! They are wearing out, and I REALLY need new ones. They are my second set already. I have worn them from 16 until now (almost 36) and I find my teeth still shift around!

LauraC said...

My dentist told me retainers have a "life" of about 10 years, so expect to replace them every decade. Mine will need to be replaced soon.

I can't believe I finally met another person who still wears their retainers!

cathy said...

Well, then it is high time I get some new ones!! It is nice to meet another person who also wears their retainers!!

Carol Kerfoot said...

OK was she blind?

Carol Kerfoot said...

OOHH OHHHHH I have a retainer too! Its a permanent one on the bottom inside!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! I would be SO insulted. How do you NOT look pregnant? I have never seen a better looking, more OBVIOUS looking pregnant lady in my LIFE!

I knew I hated dentists.

Unknown said...

Now I feel left out because I do not have a retainer. Hehe