Tuesday, August 7, 2007

116 days to go?!

Cliff and I have been doing a lot of chatting about how we want our last birth experience to go. We know it will be fast, we know we will have a baby at the end. We don't know what we are having. We have two wonderful names picked out, and we have a Godparent in mind for our sixth baby.

And, with each baby that has been born into our family, we have done different things as far as the labour/delivery is concerned.

For baby 1 aka Cameron we had my sisters in the delivery room.

For baby 2 aka Claire we had my sisters in the delivery room.

For baby 3 aka Carly (our last baby ;D) we had my sisters, my MIL, my parents, my friend Kim, and Cliff's cousin who was 16 at the time (good birth control!)

For baby 4 aka Catrina we had had my sisters in the room.

For baby 5 aka Caroline (our last baby ;D) we had my friend Lisa who has 5 kids and is expecting her sixth baby, 5 days after me, and my friend Louise who will not be having kids. My sisters missed the birth as Caroline came out too fast! They came after for a visit!

For baby 6 aka...as if I would spill the beans on the names...seriously you all will have to wait!! We have decided to just have each other. Meaning Cliff and I together. This is our LAST baby! And we want it to be a memory we have of just the three of us at that moment. We will video it though. Cliff will take photos after baby is out.

We have also decided that I will call out the sex of the baby, and Cliff will cut the cord. We will only have our parents to visit aka the grandparents/aunts and uncles at the hospital depending on the time of birth. If it is a weird time, say in the middle of the night. They will be waiting until the morning and or when we go home. We will be sure to call you all with info about our new baby! We are so excited.

As for other visitors, we will be home for the first week as a family without any visitors. We want the kids to see their sibling first and that is very important to us. Because we don't stay long in the hospital (usually under 24 hours) we will want the kids to see the baby first. I will use the first week to rest up, bond and get my breastfeeding going. Cliff will only be home for one week after baby is born, so we need that family time together. Visitors will be able to see the baby on the next available weekend, and we will not be allowing pop over visits during the week. Visits will need to be made via phone and on a weekend preferably when Cliff is home to help out!

Baby will be born during a very busy time, and we want to be relaxed as possible before Christmas. I would not expect to be attending many family functions at that time. Depending on how sleep-deprived we feel. We will play it by ear. But I am sure in the new year, baby will be a socialite just like all the other kids!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

good going Cathy! This is about you and your baby you do what you feel is necessary to have the best experience! Time is ticking so fast!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

That sounds like a wonderful plan. The kids deserve time to get to know their newest sibling without everyone else around wanting to hold the baby and take it away from them. That will be such a wonderful time for you all to share together and enjoy having. Many memories will be created that week.

I like that you have decided to just have you and Cliff there together to celebrate this wonderful new person coming into the world. It will truly be a special day for you both.