Tuesday, August 21, 2007

25.5 Week Doctors Appointment

Today, we had a longer appointment! Not because of the baby. But, because of my five year old baby (well grade schooler) Carly. She had her Kindergarten immunization done at this appointment today. She did fine, and did not cry and got two treats for being so brave! She does not need immunizations until Grade Six now!

I talked to my doc about the two incidences of spotting I had about ten days apart in my 22nd and 24th week. We also discussed the swelling in my legs. I put on another six pounds, bringing the grand total to twenty pounds added. I haven't gained nearly what I have in the past with my other pregnancies. That is a good thing!

Carly got to hear the heart beating of her baby sister or brother, which was beating away at a slower-than-usual 148 bpm. Cliff says it is a boy. I had to remind him that Caroline had the same rate ONCE lol.

I will go for my one hour glucose screening in three weeks, and a follow up appointment at my last "four week" appointment at almost 30 weeks by then. After that appointment I go to every two weeks, and I will be well into my third trimester already! I cannot believe it. Either can the doc. Especially moving when you think that Carly was the first baby he delivered just over five years ago. She was supposed to be my "last." And then came number four and number five, and coming soon number six.

Doc told me to keep up the good work! And that was it! See you in four weeks!

No comments: