Monday, August 27, 2007

Mom and Baby Needs Checklist

Baby Care Products
•Aveno baby shampoo/body wash combo
•Vaseline (have)
•baby nail clippers or safety scissors (have)
•Ivory Snow/Washing Soda for Laundry Layette
•diaper pail (perhaps Diaper Champ)
•newborn diapers Pampers Swaddlers (several bags needed and perhaps 1 bag of size 1's )
•baby washcloths (have some, need new ones depending on the sex of the baby)
•gowns/newborn sleepers (4-6) Will go out and buy 3 brand new newborn sleepers: Pink,Blue and Green! I think they will need to be pink
•receiving blankets (4-6) (I have a ton of pink ones, and Mom has the boy ones still I believe)
•newborn cap (1-2) See if I have any left?
•hooded bath towels and wash cloths - Definitely need these, as I gave all of mine away because I wasn't having any more babies. Perhaps can be bought after baby is here! Go gender specific?!
•4-6 all-in-ones (see if I have any white newborn ones left in the bin? Maybe April has them?)

Baby Gear
•baby carrier (sling and/or Baby Bjorn) Look into a sling for the winter. I have my Bjorn
•infant seat (have to bring it to the hospital!) Will get the infant seat from Sears on a Baby Days sale
•bouncer seat (Kidwap or Craigslist)
•diaper bag (Have, but pack to suit newborn and other gals!)

Furniture and Accessories
•bassinet/crib Need to buy one more crib...wait to see what sex we have. Need that bassinet ASAP from Sears or Toys r Us
•mattress (packed away)
•new pack and play for family room (get from Sears on Baby Days sale)

Nursing Necessities
•nursing pillow - have my nice one packed away
•disposable nursing pads - Get Lansinoh - Need
•sports-bottle for much-needed water - Be sure to pack to the hospital

New Mom Care
•big box of extra-long maxi pads - Going to get Kotex overnights (thanks Kidswap friends!!)
•another box of smaller pads for later after the flow cuts down
•nursing nightgown or comfy cotton pajamas - I will definitely need something here!! Nude won't cut it lol!
•Nursing tank tops! From Thyme or Motherhood
•nursing bras (go to lingerie store one month before babe is due, so around November 1st)
•Tucks x 2 boxes!!

Other Good Ideas/Purchases
•cook and freeze meals for when baby is first here (want at least 5 days of freezer meals!)
•Arrange for pregnancy photos around week 37
•dig out suitcase and start packing (remember folder)
•hand print kit (bought this weekend)
•newspaper for the day baby is born (Mom usually does)
•Christmas ornament (Mom already bought!)
•big Rubbermaid container for memories - Need
•Purchase baby book and calendar - Either Babys World or Bug a Boo or even Hallmark...just need the right one
•memory box small from Toys r Us - Gender specific as per usual!

4 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

What a great list!! This will be a wonderful reference for moi :D xo

cathy said...

Thanks C, I have now had some practice...lol

Kerry said...

I swear, you have a mind like a vault! I am very impressed with the list. When it's my turn I'm coming to you! LOL!

cathy said...

Kerry: I thank you! Sometimes my mind does go blank, thankfully I have had some practice and know what I need, and what I don't!

My next list will be a hospital packing list!