Saturday, August 11, 2007

Feathering my nest...

Well, today I am officially 24 weeks pregnant. And, I have been getting into these crazy nesting and cleaning projects that suddenly bug me so much that I have been cleaning and organizing like a crazy mama bird! It just feels so good!

Yesterday:
  • Organized and sorted my pantry, and now it is so organized and tidy! Nothing will be lost in there again.
  • Washed both sides of all of the windows and glass french doors in our place
  • vacuumed and did all of the edges of all of the stairs and wall edges
  • Washed out under the bathroom sinks
  • Organized my linen closet in the master bathroom
  • Cleaned up the washer and dryer.

Today:

  • Stripped the beds and washed the bedding
  • Did about 5 loads of other laundry (still going right now!)
  • Washed all of the appliances in the kitchen until they sparkled
  • That would include the small grooves in the dishwasher, and took out and cleaned the element ports in the top of the stove and put in fresh tin liners! Oh, and the crumby toaster oven, and splattered microwave!
  • Washed down all the cabinet fronts and sides
  • Washed the counter tops
  • Went through my counter top boxes that hold kids' stuff and purged
  • Washed down the doors and mouldings because they looked grubby
  • Vacuumed (again)
  • Cliff washed the vehicles and power-washed the driveway! (yay!!)

Cliff just kept asking me when I might be finished lol! But he says the kitchen looks brand new ;D

What to do next?? Soon it is time to go through all of the kids' clothing and get ready for back to school and fall. Do an assessment of what we need for the coming season. Start and finish my Christmas shopping before October 1st!

2 comments:

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

You made me feel so tired just reading this Blog entry that I may have to crawl into bed for a nap!! I still do not know HOW you do it! Just don't over do it, put up your feet and rest a bit, maybe read a book...and I'm not talking about Dr. Suess! ;)

hugs,
Dawn

Kerry said...

WOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOW! Go Cathy Go! I love the feeling of a spotless and organized house. Makes you feel like you can finally relax.

If you run out of things to do, there's always my place! LOL!