Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week 22 of Pregnancy

Hello, Catherine! Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out. Your baby's eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks some pigment. Your baby's lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. You won't actually see her first tooth until she's around 4 to 7 months old, unless she's one of the rare babies who are born with teeth.
______

I think I have found the perfect name for our baby!

Cranberry!

What do you think? I think it is perfect! Cranberry Apple for a Girl and Cranberry Soda for a Boy! Most likely this baby will be born right around the American Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Well, maybe not. We are kidding, but at the time it was quite funny. I was eating a favourite sandwich from our local Starbucks. The turkey pesto with cranberry bread. Yummy! My MIL thinks we are calling the baby if it is a boy Cranbrook! Not. We have two lovely names all ready to go! Now, we just need a baby!

I am feeling pretty good! The baby is moving all about. Usually moving when I hit the sheets at night. And in the morning. This baby loves to be "played" with. Meaning, when baby is moving I can rub in the same spot and the baby seems to play right back which is really exciting. Cliff thinks he felt the baby moving last night too, which is exciting.

Not much to report, but hard to believe that I am getting so close to the third trimester.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Cranberrys taste good, especially cranberry jam, but my vote is still for Cladel as in Cladel Evans of Australia who came in 2nd in the Tour De France, missing first place by only 23 seconds after over 3,000 miles. Now if you were a huge Tour fan like your folks Cathy and Cliff, this name would have grown on you so much that you'd be willing to consider changing it. If you have a boy, I will be nicknaming him Cladel, but as the baby's heart beat is so high, I too am sure it's another beautiful little girl, and for a little girl, I have no suggestions--yet! xxxooo

AmberW said...

Ohhhhhh that sounds so exciting...

To feel a baby again... ahhhhh :)

Enjoy this second trimester, fall is going to arrive and it's going to FLY by!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

It's an interesting name for sure - Cranberry or Cranbrook - oh the nicknames that could come out of that one! LOL

Glad things are going so well...I sure miss that kicking feeling!