Sunday, July 22, 2007

I have been thinking about what I really "need" and what I may want for this baby. I recently gave away all of my boy clothing, and my sister has all of my girl clothing. But, I know lots of friends and family with boys ;D so I should be covered. I know there is a brand new baby boy outfit waiting (has been passed between my sister and I for a 1st outfit many times lol!) and I will purchase a brand new girls outfit. And, I will buy a couple of gender neutral sleepers. I know I have all of my girl receiving blankets (well my sis has them) and I think my Mom has all of my boy ones. So I am covered there.

I am going to buy a new pack and play for the family room (and to match the room, and our new sectional sofa that will be here in 6 weeks! YAY!)And, I am going to get a 5 in 1 baby bassinet called Carry me Near this time around to keep in our room. But, it can be moved around like an infant seat. I have never seen such a nice little cozy bed before like it.

I will buy Kotex overnight pads (thanks Kidswap mamas!!) and I will buy my favourite breast pads (thanks to Cynthia) the Lansinoh brand! Love those. I will also FINALLY buy nursing bras. I threw my old gungy ones out even before I finished nursing. Some of them were almost 6 years old. Talk about gross.

I have a small wicker basket of "infant" toys. I will borrow an exersaucer and bouncy chair from my sis when the time comes. I can even get the bumbo too if it is a girl again. I have a diaper bag, so I will buy some new baby cloths for bum washing, and several packages of newborn and size 1 diapers to be prepared. I have an infant seat that I will continue to borrow from my cousin for this baby (she okay'd that for me! lol)

That is about it. I am not going to be stressed about this baby. The baby is going to come into our lives in the most stressful of times. A month before Christmas. So, I am not going to stress.

I will get the baby a first Christmas ornament (like all of the other 5) A baby book/and or Calendar, and a hand print kit and a bin. Keep it the same as the others right! And somebody will pick up a newspaper from the day he or she is born. (Like all of the others) And, my MIL will make a "C" quilt that fits the baby perfectly! Can't wait to see it!That is about it.

Baby will stay in our room in the bassinet and probably our bed lol! Thank goodness for our king size bed!! Yay!!

When we have this baby I will figure out where to eventually put this baby. If it is a girl, Catie will move to her big girl bed, Caroline will stay in her crib and baby will get a new crib. The three would room together.If it is a boy, we reconfigure Cameron's room and a crib will go in there eventually. I found cute boy bedding that I love, and cute girl bedding that I love. I gave my sis the yellow gingham pattern when she had her daughter, and this time I want to buy brand new.

After I will pass it on, or donate to a Mom who really needs the stuff.

Thankfully both rooms are large enough to accommodate all of the kids. I still cannot believe another baby is on its way to our family. Will it be the bookend, or will we have a fifth baby girl to complete the family? Stay tuned and we will know sometime in the month of November!

We will have 2 boys and 4 girls (nice and balanced and even just like Libra like me likes things), and I will be able to say Boys and Girls!! and, if we have another girl....well that will be 1 boy, and 5 girls. Very unbalanced lol, but still awesome. But, I will STILL have to say Boy and Girls...

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Baby's First Christmas Ornament already purchased and put away! xxoo

Kerry said...

How cute is the farm bedding!? Perhaps you'll get to use it...

;)

cathy said...

Mom: You are the best

Kerry: Isn't that the cutest! Maybe, maybe not lol!