Friday, November 9, 2007

Survial, I'm going to make it, I will keep on survivin'

Today, I am one day shy of 37 weeks, and also the day I wished this baby would be born. I don't think I am going to get my wish, or my Granny's wish (sorry Gran) but all I know is that the baby will be here soon and that is very comforting.

If I could paint the picture of how I look today, this would be it. Hardly cleaned up. Wearing track pants that just barely fit, and fall down when I bend to do toilets and mopping. A t-shirt from my pre-pregnant days that does NOT even come close to covering the belly. And a hair clip and a hair band to keep the hair out of my face so that I do not have to touch my hair or face with chemicals. Oh yes, a vision of beauty I tell ya.

I have been doing FULLLLLLL on nesting today. That and resting. If you read my other blog I did not have a very good day today. I think it time this baby comes out. I think a baby on the outside would be better now, than on the inside.

Today, I was a busy bee. I washed out the inside of the fridge, and all of the compartments and purged old jars. It is sparkling. I also vacuumed the main level of the house. I washed down all the cupboard fronts in the kitchen, the door frames, did all of the windows and doors. I also mopped the main level of the house. I am awaiting the arrival of a brand new dishwasher and range any moment now. That is a good thing. I also dusted and totally cleaned the main powder room clean. Scrubbed everywhere as much as I could. I cannot STAND that bathroom. It stinks and I can never keep it clean enough. I washed the baseboards in there, and the walls in there. I think Cliff is going to paint it this weekend, and finally get a mirror in there. Update it a bit. It really needs it, especially because EVERYBODY who comes in here uses it.

I also washed down the staircase railings and posts. They were SOOOOO dirty too. I dusted the light fixtures too. It feels good to clean, but trying to keep the kids occupied is truly another story.

The rest of the mopping will be done tonight when the kids get into bed. I need a break from them today. I am tired. Trying to keep five kids happy, and trying to just survive the day is a crazy day. It was nothing like I wished it to be...

Something positive about today, well my in-laws have decided to give me a bit of housecleaning for the first month after baby is born. That is a good gift!

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

That is a GREAT gift!!! Is your Christmas gift new appliances?!?

AmberW said...

Ohhh house cleaning is a glrious gift! Yayyy in-laws. You're almost done... almost there lovey:)

Kerry said...

You have to love having a clean fridge (just did that yesterday too!). Sounds to me like a quiet day for you is in order!