Monday, November 5, 2007

Nesting Nutso

Well, it has been a busy couple of days. Saturday I had my hair done FINALLY, we had a wedding to go to, and then a reception.

Sunday morning, I had my maternity photos taken. I think they are going to be beautiful. I also had my friend Lisa (the one with the same family like me, and due with her 6th 3 days before me) to have a photo or two taken together. Belly to belly, and back to back. We had a great time, and a great way to capture our 6th pregnancies together. We laughed a lot, and I cannot wait to see the results. After the photos, we had lunch and with the weather being so beautiful we took the kids to the park to play. We all had a good time. I found it hard to move around. I had to wear my pull on sandals as nothing fits anymore! Thankfully the bathrooms were open this week too!

After we got home, the kids and I got the playroom sorted and purged and put back together.

And, of course for the past couple of days I have had some moments where I get the nesting nutso coming out of me! I finally got a few letters written and mailed, I got the photo albums done and put away. I did the baby photo album. I cleaned out the basket over the TV armoire, I cleaned out the little dishes in the chalkboard tray. Yesterday I went crazy after dinner cleaning and organizing things that don't usually bug me. But, yesterday they did, so off I went and I cleaned out the board game cabinet, I cleaned out the craft cabinet, I cleaned out a couple of drawers in the bedroom for the baby stuff to go in, and now I have a car seat, and baby clothes for both a girl and a boy.

Last night before bed, I experienced a bit of pinkish discharge which I believe to be "bloody show" and had some little contractions, more like regular braxton hicks, that came and went. Obviously, I didn't go into labour...but that doesn't mean it won't happen! So, baby could be here today, tomorrow or couple of weeks from now. It is hard to say. I have my doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon. But, if I notice things are starting to happen you betcha I will be ringing the doc. I am 36 weeks and 2 days today. My second child Claire came 24 days early which would be 2 days from now.

Today, I stripped our bed, and I am washing and drying the sheets, and today I am going to wash a few little outfits, get the suitcase out, start packing, and get my other photo cards developed and put away. And, I have asked that Cliff please build the bassinet tonight after work!

I have been finding that last few days very hard to walk around with such swollen feet, and legs. And just all of the pressure of the baby who has definitely moved down again further. I hope this baby stays in until I hit 37 weeks which is on Saturday.

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

LOL! You know, I wondered if things were going to start early when you were FRANTICALLY cleaning when I spoke with you the other day on the phone! Nest, nest nest!!

Take is easy more than ever :D Or at least until Saturday!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Wow - it's going to be soon isn't it?? I can't wait to see what Dr. D has to say after your appointment tomorrow - looking forward to the next update...and yeah, if you think something's happen - RUN!!! LOL

AmberW said...

Oh my gosh, I just got goosebumps thinking that this little munchkin could be here soon... wooohoooo!!
Have you guys confirmed the names yet?