Tuesday, November 6, 2007

finishing up

Well, Cliff and Cameron put the bassinet together tonight! It is empty and in our bedroom awaiting the arrival of our baby. Today the kids helped me sort and pile up clothing for both a boy and girl and neutrals and then, they helped me put it into the machine. It was a full load of laundry complete with the white going home blanket, a bassinet sheet! (thanks APE, it is perfect and I have been looking to buy one all of this time!), all of the little wash cloths, the baby bath towels, the gender neutral receiving blankets.

The suitcase is pulled out, and ready to be filled. Also, I emptied out a basket that will hold little cloths and diapers for the countless diaper changes ahead. And, Cliff adjusted the infant seat. All he needs to do is fasten in the base in the van. The boy stuff is in Cameron's room. The girls stuff is the little girls' room. We are preparing our nest! It feels good. We are so excited. There is a blank camera card in the camera, and one in the video camera.

My photo cards were developed, and I just need to sort and place into the correct photo albums. My big Gramma ginch is also in the wash. And, I feel a BIG clean coming on!! I see so much that I just want to get at lol! And, by goodness I will!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

You sound close Cathy!! Don't work yourself into labour ... ENJOY these last weeks (or days?) :)

AmberW said...

I am suffering from some serious nostalgia.. just living extremely vicariously through you!! So exciting Cathy...

Allyson said...

Oh baby, Oh Baby, my cellphone is all charged up, I'll take it walking and put on my bedside table overnight. But can't take it into the pool tomorrow morning, so don't go into labour!
We just love the pictures Cathy and Lisa-beautiful, beautiful. Can't wait to cradle each of the babies soon.
Love you, Mom and Dad xxxooo

Kerry said...

Talk about some suspense! That nest is going to be in tip top shape by the time the new arrival comes home!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

I can't wait - the anticipation is going to get worse and worse over the next few days isn't it??

Everyone's waiting baby!!! Come soon :o)

Wendy said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! It seems like just a few weeks ago that you announced it on your blog. We send you our love and look forward to reading about the memories that will be made with baby #6.