Friday, May 4, 2007

9 6/7 Weeks

Well, it is Friday night. And I have another cold. You just cannot guess what my weeks will be like from week to week. I am so tired, and sometimes just standing is exhausting. I know this part will leave, but then the physically hard pregnancy will kick in. I don't think I am looking forward to that part this time around.

I am going to go for my blood work tomorrow, and I hit the double digits! 10 Weeks. 30 weeks until my due date. That date of December 1st seems so VERY FAR AWAY. Yet, I know I will blink and the baby will be here. I am just going to do my best that I can do, and take this pregnancy day by day.

I still have so many mixed emotions. I sometimes forget that I am pregnant, and then the nausea comes back and I remember. I wake up and sometimes I forget, until I have to go to pee so bad that I need to practically run to the bathroom.

I am still trying to decide if I want to take the triple screen, as I am afraid of getting a false positive. And yet, maybe everything will come back normal and then not have to think about doing an amnio. A nursing friend I know, said to skip the triple screen and just do the amnio. I don't want to take risks. I don't even take Tylenol when I am pregnant. I have never ever taken one during any pregnancy.

I guess I am afraid deep down, that hey...you have 5 healthy kids, and maybe my luck will run out and I will have a "sick" child. Cliff and I have been talking a lot, and we are not sure what to do. I have never taken the triple screen, but I have never been 35 before ;D and turning 36 in October.

What to do, what to do. I just don't feel pregnant, or feel I have the right to complain. But here I am...complaining.

Well, my sub is here. I need to eat or else I feel really sick.

5 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Cathy - thinking positive thoughts for you with this baby. The triple screen is a great blood test to do and hopefully you won't need an amnio...a lot of people do turn it down but it's your choice to do or not too.

Things will all fall into place in a few short weeks the sickness will hopefully die down in the next few weeks as well.

Keep positive - December will come so quickly and you'll be welcoming another wonderful, loving, beautiful baby C to the family!

((((HUGS))))

LauraC said...

Hey Cathy, not sure if Canada triple screen is the same as US triple screen... is that the one where you do the ultrasound with the blood test?

The reason I ask is that we opted not to do the triple screen and instead did the quad screen (blood test only). The results came back normal for the quad screen. We were going to skip the big ultrasound but I wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. Imagine my surprise when I saw two little boys on the screen at 18 weeks pregnant! We then had to get everything recalculated and they did extra measurements at that ultrasound to make it a "level 2" ultrasound.

Twinning rates increase significantly every year above 30. Interestingly, everyone I know who got pregnant after me is opting for the triple screen with ultrasound to definitely make sure there is ONE baby. LOL! My sister even asked the tech three times, "Are you sure there is only one baby?"

cathy said...

Laura, ours is just a blood test. There is a really big chance of a false positive and I don't want to be freaked out. I probably will go for it, as I don't think I can go a whole pregnancy worried. I will get an 18 week ultrasound. And, I truly hope there is only one in there...yikes...I don't know. Can you see me with 7 kids?! EEEEK.

cathy said...

Laura, ours is just a blood test. There is a really big chance of a false positive and I don't want to be freaked out. I probably will go for it, as I don't think I can go a whole pregnancy worried. I will get an 18 week ultrasound. And, I truly hope there is only one in there...yikes...I don't know. Can you see me with 7 kids?! EEEEK.

LauraC said...

That is so interesting that the US and Canada have different pregnancy screening tests. The triple screen with ultrasound is relatively new in the US, so maybe our quad screen is the same as your triple screen? It also has a high rate of false positives.

If anyone could do 5 kids + twins, it would be you! Plus you would have so many little helpers! I could give you my twin tips, as long as you don't give them to Marcia Cross. lol!