Saturday, May 19, 2007

12 Weeks...

Well, here I am 12 weeks. Soon to be in the 2nd trimester!! Wow...how time flies, yet how long the pregnancy feels.

It is 11:13 pm and I am still awake, and I don't feel like am going to throw up. I just feel nausea. I am still REALLY tired. I guess we had a busy day today. I did laundry from 8:30 am all the way until this evening around 9 pm. Today I washed and changed all of the beds, and we ran a lot of errands. I also spent 4+ hours sorting and filing our documents in our new filing cabinet we purchased today. So, a good day.

Smells are certainly getting me bad. The smell of plastics, poop (still) makes me run for the hills lol, and BBQ smells still. Yuck.

I cannot believe that almost 5 weeks have passed since my last doctor's appointment. And, I go there on Wednesday. Wow. Time is flying by.

I have decided I will take the triple screen blood test. And, if it comes back with a positive, I will remember there are lots of false positives. I have prepared myself for the worst case, and hoping for the best. How is that for optimistic huh? I guess because I am at an ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE of 35, I feel that my luck will run out. But, this baby is obviously meant to be, and I feel that all will be well.

Water still doesn't taste good. Last night we ordered Chinese food, and it didn't sit right at all. I didn't have that much, but all I could think about was how greasy and how yucky it made me feel. Not again...not again. Thankfully it all stayed down.

As for sleep, I find once my head hits the pillow, I am down for the night. Except, I get up once around 4 or 5 am to go pee. Oh the joys!

2 comments:

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

Sorry to hear you are still have sensitivity issues and nausea. I too had Chinese last night, I was feeling yucky and nauseous as well(sinus infection related). I ate the Wonton Soup and that made my tummy feel better. I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Dawn

Allyson said...

I hope you hear the heartbeat today honey. Or will this be another little "Trickster"? Love you, Mom xxxooo