Tuesday, May 15, 2007

feeling groovy?

Nope.

Not yet. I thought today I was starting to feel a bit better. But, then that changed and I started to feel sick again.

I have to say that my sense of smell and taste is back! Yay, and not so yay. Now, smells really bother me again. Like the smell of our carpet, the smell of urine around the toilet, the smell of our linen closet, and I don't like the taste of water (my absolutely favourite drink--usually that is) I am masking the water with ice and lemon slices. That helps a bit. But, then I drink a whole glass and I start to feel sick again. And, how can I forget. The smell of poop. Yuck. I gag when I change the diapers. I have to change the diapers by an open window and breathe through my mouth. YUCK!!!!

I recently bought some "before and after" pants/jeans from Thyme Maternity. And, the problem is that they are great when you buy them, but they bag out and then they CONSTANTLY fall. So, when I am walking with my girls and boy to school. I hold a hand in my left, and a hand in my right. And then I try to pull up my pants and I end up squeezing a hand and hearing "OWWWHH Mommy" and I always say "SORRY." So, tomorrow I am going to make a trip to a different mall, with different maternity stores and get a skirt (old faithful to me) or a dress or something like that!! Hopefully I can eliminate this falling of the pants routine. It is getting old really quick.

*water break*

As for food etc. I find I am eating extremely healthy these days. No weight gain, gaining a small pooch as people that I know are already rubbing my belly. I think that is funny! Oh well. I have been eating a lot of fruits, especially citrus like oranges. At one point I said to Cliff I think if we have a girl we should name her Clementine! How befitting. But not...we thought about that name seriously for a couple of days, and then my daughter reminded me that Caillou has a friend named Clementine...so a big NO!!! I have been eating a whole grain bagel with a little natural peanut butter and 1/2 a banana. And that works really well on most days. The next item would be SUBWAY sandwiches. My favourite is the sweet onion chicken terriyaki. I get extra tomatoes and lots of jalapenos. Yummy. I think they know my husband in there now. I could eat a sandwich every day! I also love apples, and I love watermelon! I usually do not like watermelon, but it is delicious and satisfying to me.

Today, I actually pulled out Caroline's birth DVD that we recorded on the day she was born. I asked Claire and Carly if they wanted to watch. And of course they did. They asked questions, I answered. No beating around the bush. They were very curious about the placenta. Now they want to watch their "movies" so I said I would pull out a video a day. Those have yet to be transferred to DVD. That is on my list of things to do. It was fun to watch as I enjoyed all of the comments such as...

  • Your family circle is complete Cathy!
  • This is our last time here in the maternity ward!
  • This is the last time I have to wear this blue gown!
  • I am taking Cliff to the Vasectomy doctor after this!
  • Cathy is the best patient, and makes this look so easy!
  • It looks like a girl head to me!

And, now I laugh because I am right in the thick of it all again. And, you know what. I am darn excited! I just want to move past this tired and sluggish and sick stage. Life is good isn't it?!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your honesty is wonderful Cathy! I think if I ever get pregos again I'm going to blog it .... good therapy!!

Irma said...

sweet onion chicken terriyaki...hmmm I can taste it..that is definately my favorite as well!