Saturday, May 12, 2007

11 Weeks

You are now 11 weeks pregnant (63 days after conception), which is the beginning of week 12. Your baby is now around 5 cm long (or 2 inches) from crown to rump and weighing about 8 grams (or 0.28 ounces). Nearly doubling in size during the last week! By the end of this week your uterus will grow up out of the bones of your pelvis. If you see your caregiver around this time, they should be able to just tip the top of your uterus (called the 'fundus'), by feeling your belly. If they use a special Doppler machine, they may also be able to detect your baby's heartbeat and let you hear it for the first time!
______

Well, I woke up this morning with a bad headache, maybe more like a neck ache and I almost heaved into the toilet again. Yuck. Thankfully I did not, but it was close.

Not this week, but next I am back for my 12 week appointment and hopefully hear the heartbeat! Yay!

1 comment:

AmberW said...

How exciting! I still just cannot believe tht you are having another little munchkin. I really can't wait to meet him/her. 203 more days... I suppose I can be patient;)