Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hello Week 30 (and 1/7)

10 weeks left!

From babycenter.com:
Your baby's a bit more than 15 1/2 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
****************************
Well hello, to week 30+! I cannot believe I am in the home stretch, the final trimester, the final part of this pregnancy journey! Today, I feel that it is going by way to fast! I am really enjoying this pregnancy. Only, one thing looming over my head. That would be the 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test that I have go do. I am planning on doing that this week! I have to fit it in, but with a busy life...but also the health of this baby and myself. That is why I have to do this!
I don't think my belly has changed that much. My face is getting rounder, as are my arms, and my bum. But, hey. What can I do? I am doing my best. I am giving the best to this little life inside of me. I am excited and scared to meet this last baby. I wonder who it is? What this little life will look like? Will this baby be the ONE to have BLUE eyes? I bet not, but one can dream right?!
I had another girl dream. I was nursing a little girl, with a white dress on. She was adorable. I am still going with girl here. Cliff and Cameron say boy still. Claire, Carly and Catie are still saying girl. I am with them lol.
The movement of this little one, are very strong at times! I went for my pedicure and waxing yesterday, and I got a HUGE jab when I was sitting there all relaxed. Another time this baby moves is when Cliff and I FINALLY get into bed. Baby gets all rowdy in there! And, again this morning! A lot of movement! Stronger and harder movement than before that is for sure. I am truly enjoying all of the baby action going on!
I still have a lot to do, but will manage to get it all done! It is all good stuff that needs to get done. I mean, what is better than preparing for a new life to enter the family? There is nothing more exciting! I have booked my pregnancy/newborn/family photos now. I am excited to capture this belly/pregnant form one more time. A photo or two to capture one the six of the best moments in my life besides Cliff and my wedding day. The birth of our kids have been such an amazing experience. I find that each and every time is just as exciting as the first! I could never ever get sick of this stage of my life.
The crazy thing is that, the 10 weeks left are to my due date of December 1st. I have never in all of the other five kids gone to my due date. So, in theory. It could be a lot earlier. My earliest baby was Claire who surprized us at week 36, and then Cameron and Carly who surprized us at week 37. Caroline in week 38, and Catie who was the latest at week 39 on the nose.
I will be 36 weeks at my cousins wedding on November 3rd. So, who knows?! So exciting!!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I can't believe there's only 10 weeks left! :)

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Cathy,

I can't believe how little time there is left until you get to meet your new little family member and get to show him off to the world (I'm with Cliff and Cameron!)

What an amazing journey this has been for you all - I'm so glad you were willing to share it with me and that I could come along on your journey and read about it.

Thank you also for all your wonderful comments and support for me. It means more to me than you'll ever know!

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the idea Cathy ... I never thought I'd need it so soon?!?! I hope I am half as energetic as you sound at 30 weeks ... that is generally when I go down hill!! Enjoy your last 10 prego weeks!

cathy said...

Yvonne! You are so welcome! I am so happy for you and the family! You are going to great with 5!! If I can, anybody can ;D

Thanks for your support! I am going to enjoy every last moment!!