Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 15 3/7th Along

Welcome to the second trimester! According to babycenter.com our BABY is the size of an avocado. It is hard to believe that something the size of an avocado can make a person feel so horrid lol. And GREEN. I truly do not feel like I am in the second trimester. I just feel so tired all of the time. Wow. I still am feeling rather gaggy, and I gag on my toothbrush every time I brush. Cliff thinks it is funny, me well not so much.

I am having better days, but then I get really tired at night. For example. I fall asleep on our comfy chairs in the family room almost every night without fail. Cliff says to me, Cathy get up and come to bed with me, and I say no I am too tired to move. So he leaves me there. I finally get up (usually a hour or so, sometimes longer) I drag myself to bed. However, I have gotten smarter about this situation, and pre do my getting ready for bed. IE. Jammies on, face washed and clean and my teeth brushed. But it doesn't matter some times. I am dog tired.

Anyways, I literally drag myself to bed, and crawl in. And Cliff says to me good night, I love you. And he curls up around me. And what do I do? I grunt...like a caveman. urrrrrgghh. That is good night I love you Cliff in caveman speak. I love you Cliff! I really do!

People keep asking me when I am due, and when I say December 1st, they say? Really? I guess because I look a lot bigger than where I am at in terms of weeks. I just tell them this is number six, and then you should see their faces lol! The look horror I guess. It is indeed shocking to see my reflection staring back at me. And, I always get asked is it twins? And I say I hope there is only ONE HEALTHY baby in there! (not a badger or some other weird animal lol)

At the end of this week, I am off to do my first crack EVER of doing the triple screen blood test. I am very nervous about it. I guess because I have never had the need to do it. Now that I am 35 I feel I should do this. I just pray for a good result IE. no news is good news. I know if I get a positive screening I will hear by the 18th. Yikes. Freak me out.

My next doctors appointment is next Thursday already. After that, my ultrasound! Time is a flying by. I am going to start doing my Christmas shopping early this year, as I KNOW it is going to be our most busy Christmas ever with a newborn/breastfeeding/sleep deprivation/double diaper duty!

8 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

LOL.. ahhh you make me laugh :)

Yvonne said...

ROFLOL! You make me ROAR Cathy!... you are a good therapist! I wish you all the best with your triple screen test ...

cathy said...

I am glad that my heartfelt comments are making you all laugh lol!

I am laughing at your laughing comments!!

Love you all *kisses*

Hope Walls said...

I think 'Hope' is a nice name for a girl. But converting it to work with your family tradition would just be mean, I guess. Calling baby #6 "Cope" is a bad idea. Definitely.

If it's a boy, I vote for Copernicus, because it's like Hope, only different.

You don't have to decide right away. Think it over. Who's it gonna hurt?

cathy said...

Well, my darling Hope. We have picked two names already...Badger and Squirrel!

Hope Walls said...

I have to excerpt this quote. Here's why. On my screen, the width of the text box only houses this much of the whole sentence, and of course, this being a pregnancy blog, I found it immensely amusing...

"At the end of this week, I am off to do my first crack EVER..."

Kerry said...

LOL! Why did that website have to use an avocado? Why not something like a mango...much prettier. Nothing worse than thinking there's a squashy bumpy green thing rolling inside of you!

Hope Walls said...

Ewww Kerry! I didn't think of it *quite* that way lol