Sunday, June 17, 2007

16 Weeks 1 Day

Well well well! I am in my 16th week already. Wow, how this pregnancy is flying by.

Every day, I start to feel a bit better. We got out to see a movie with my husband on Friday, and some yummy appies at Milestones. I arranged this little get away for Cliff's Fathers Day present (well part of it) as the last movie we saw together was Madagascar and that was with four kids. Not really a date night. So, I arranged for care and off we went.

We had a lovely time, and we laughed a lot. And we talked a lot. We talked about Christmas. We talked about how busy we will be at Christmas with an infant that will be most likely under four weeks old. But, we are starting to make plans. And we have also decided when to put up the tree. (First week of December as per usual, but I will stay home with baby C this year. Cliff will take the four olders to pick out the BEST TREE EVER!) We will also start to do our Christmas shopping soon. We will also host Christmas dinner here. And bring the family to us. Just to keep life "normal" for the timing of a Christmas baby. We have never had this experience, and we will have a new experience this year! We are really looking forward to this!

I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I hope I hear nothing. That means the screening is A OK.

7 comments:

Alyson said...

yes Anne of Green Gables had six kids. One thing I've learnt from the books is that back then...nobody did it alone!!! They all had live ins...that pretty much helped cook,clean and take care of the kids. They did not get paid much because they were offered free room and board.
Adam is kind of my 'live in' right now :) I'm so happy to have him home. I'm certainly not looking forward to the middle of july when he goes back to work :(
I've been spoiled
Alyson

Kerry said...

LOL! Glad to see you went and saw Knocked Up. I thought it was pretty funny, but probably even funnier if you're pregnant and watching it.

And is it wrong of me to start to get excited about Christmas now? You guys are super planners!

cathy said...

Alyson: It does take a village to raise a child. Now, to find live in help lol!! I am glad you have Adam to help right now. After the birth of all of my kids I basically did it myself. My Mom helped for a week. But, after the birth of Caroline...Cliff took two months off. That was wonderful!


Kerry: Yes, it was SOOOOO funny. My cheeks hurt.

Nope! Get excited! I challenge you to get your shopping done early! Think about how great that would feel! No stress of the holidays! That will give you time to ENJOY the season!

Hope Walls said...

Any news (no news)?

cathy said...

Nope, not yet. It is almost 3 pm on Tuesday. I am taking no news as good news today!

Thanks for asking.

Hope Walls said...

YAY!

cathy said...

Still not a word. Tomorrow is my appointment...