Saturday, July 7, 2007

19 Weeks

19 Week Belly Shot


The view from above, looking down (I cannot see my feet anymore)

19 Weeks
Taken from babycenter.com

Your baby measures about 6 inches, head to bottom — about the length of a small zucchini. The hair on his scalp is sprouting. If your baby is a girl, she already has 6 million eggs in her ovaries. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. He may be able to hear you as you talk. Research shows that he's learning to distinguish your voice from others, and he'll soon show a preference for it.
_________

Not much to report, other than I really am starting to feel this baby move about more often. Not every day yet, but sometimes I feel this baby about three times a day! I love this part of pregnancy that is for sure. I know this is the middle trimester, which is typically called the "honeymoon trimester" but I still feel really tired, and I still gag every time I brush my teeth. I still am affected by strong smells like body odour, cigarette smells and poop! Diapers still make me gag. I usually change diapers on my bedroom floor, but that is not going to happen for much longer. I am finding it difficult to get up from the floor already. I am experiencing Braxton Hicks at times already (oh uterus, how you practice earlier and earlier each time helping this uterus to do the "job" ONE more time!!) I remember when I was pregnant with Cameron I never felt one at all. And then, with each successive pregnancy they got stronger! I will expect the same thing again this time. Except this time earlier than I can remember!

I am feeling very happy and content this time around, and I am thankful for a healthy baby inside of me, I am thankful for the love and support of my family and friends. Especially to my dear hubby Cliff who helps me in so many ways. I love the way he rubs my belly, and tells me how big it is getting! I know he is getting excited about this baby too as he can see the growth of my belly. He keeps asking me when he will be able to feel this baby move. I keep telling him soon, hunny really soon!

I cannot believe that in one week I have reached the half way mark already! I just feel like I found out. I guess because my life is very busy with my 5, and my hubby and life. I just want to take a bit of time to bond with this baby, and to enjoy this feeling for one last time. I know before I know it, school will be back in session, we will have birthdays and Thanksgiving and then Christmas prep! And then, baby will arrive. I know this time around I will really miss this so I will savour this time. Enjoy this pregnancy. Enjoy my life and take the time to feel this baby as I know I will miss that wonderful feeling the most.

We have been chatting about a vasectomy date for Cliff. Working on the details. Hopefully very soon. As you all know we are a very fertile couple and for that we are grateful. BUT, we don't want to have a seventh baby. This is my seventh pregnancy, I have been pregnant, breastfeeding and doing diapers for almost eight years now! It will be a decade dedicated to my babies after I finish breastfeeding and diapering this baby.

I have a hard time believing that I am having my sixth child. I would have never chosen this path for myself, but I am truly amazed at how wonderfully my life has turned out! My sister April said the other day on the phone that we are so lucky to be able to see six individual kids, and have the chance to see how all of the kids can look as siblings! I am just excited to watch them grow up now!

7 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Look at that belly! Glad all is well in the Empey world :D You are right, ENJOY this pregnancy. They go by too fast..

Hope Walls said...

I'm even more curious what you're pregnant with now. There's been badger, squirrel and avocado, and now zucchini? What the hell, Cathy? lol

Whether animal, mineral, or vegetable, your belly is blossoming icely.

cathy said...

I am in love with the badger!! lol!!

Well, whatever! lol

Kerry said...

You look beautiful Cathy, absolutely glowing! (Not to mention you rock the pink!)

Allyson said...

Pretty in Pink and such a beautiful pregnant lady. Love you honey bunch

Unknown said...

Congrats on number six. I am freaking out about the possibility that I might be pregnant with my sixth. How did you embrace the news?

Mom of a million(and maybe one more)

cathy said...

Bryn: Thank you! I was a bit freaked, but I just said to myself. I will not let this get me! I will be OK with whatever I am dealt with. And, so far so good.

Of course, it is easier to have a baby inside, than out lol. But hey, we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

Well, let me know what happens! You will have an even number! What do you have right now?